Monday, March 12, 2012

Holi--My Eshtyle


                             Happy Holi -8th march, 2012- Call it India's Mardigras, or the India's Spainiard Tomato Fest, or Hindi's Samba fest. U better say our Indian Holi is a combination of all these foreign counterparts, needless to mention-a raunchier one!
                              I had frowned a day before, as it gonna be my Morning shift duty on Holi! As I always used to pray " Buss itna saa khwab hai, Diwali me B Shift na ho, Holi mein A shift na ho, aur New year mein to teeno naa ho"! God wasn't considerate this time, as I felt, so I reached office with one Yellow Gullaal Packet in my pocket!


                               It started off with one of my colleague breaking the ice with his blood red gullaaal! I could smell C2H5OH from him, but on mild interrogation, he claimed "SAHAB, holi kal shaam maa manaa le hun, aaj duity aana rahees!"
                                But I swear it was fun then, many sections of the industrial plant started inviting us for sweets, where people while working played holly, blissfully smiling with colored teeths and unbeliebably elegant Maqbool Fida Hussains on their faces; all masterpieces worth Crores of Sterlings!
                               Steel kept flowing out from the furnaces and so did colors and sweets and cold drinks and what not! A colleague in his tea break broke open rock holi havoc with a Tin can and few followers singing Amitabh's Holi numbers and some cranny, raunchy and hanky panky bhojpuri classics! The Coffee Day Express canteen turned out into a raging inferno with around 50 guys gathered around it! As Shakespeare had said "all the worlds a stage" so was the entire plant for Holi celebrations!" 
                                 Remembering Lata Mangeshkar's song - "ae mere watan ko logon" saluting the great Indian Military and the veer Jawans of India, I contemplated my version in respect of the Indian Steel Maker. On a Holi Day, a steel maker's Furnace sputtering flames, light, noise and sparks can make his master sing the song "JAB DESH MEIN THEE HOLI, HUM MANAA RAHE THEY DIWALI; JAB SABNE MACHAYI DHOOM BADHIYA, TUMNE BANAYI BLOOM AUR SARIYA." 
                                 Whatever the case, that happinness in the dreamy eyes of many, without much worry, without much of remorse of celebrating Holi at office but rather celebrating it with their colleagues was fun; fun - albeit of different kind!


Note: The writer of this post wanted me to share it on my blog.

2 comments:

Business card printing said...

Pet animal is very entertainment to human brochure printing services Update more

Unknown said...

You guys out there are performing a great job.
crystal awards